ba

Voting

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Day according to Isaiah

As you may know by now we had a very eventful day yesterday. Isaiah would like to walk you through it a little from his perspective. Well here we go:



The day started out real great. Mommy was relaxing and I got to just lay down and relax too. I like it best when mommy is just laying down.


The next thing I knew I was upside down and boucing up and down. Apparently Daddy took Mommy for a walk to try and get this labor thing going.



I decided to stay put for awhile because Mommy and Daddy were celebrating their Anniversary, so they were very happy. Mommy got Daddy a new BBQ Grill and Daddy got Mommy a new DVD/Digital Video Camera so she could record every minute of my life.



The next couple hours my whole world changed. The walls around me started squeezing in on me over and over every couple of minutes. Then I was getting pushed toward my head. My head got squished through a small area and next thing I knew it was cold and there were lights and I was screaming. We have some pictures of this but I don't think Daddy will let me show them on the Blog



This is right after I was delivered. I was cold and scared but the Nurse took good care of me, got me cleaned up and warmed up under the heater. They said my skin color really began to show quickly.



All I wanted to do was relax and get warm but Auntie Lisa was taking pictures and Daddy and the nurse were holding me up. why can't they just let me get dressed and warm and bundled up.



My daddy's hands are so much bigger than mine, but I got a good hold on him here.




This is mommy after I came out and she still has a smile on her face. The doctor said she was a natural at childbirth. I guess I will have lots of little brothers and sisters soon.


Here I am with my Daddy. My Nanny says I look just like him when he was a baby, but looking at his face here... I don't see it. Big nose, bushy eyebrows... Nanny are you sure that is what I am going to look like? Well, I was happy to meet him and finally get to see what he looked like. (I think he was happy too)


Here I am all curled up with Mommy. She was in the hospital all night and all day and she still looks beautiful. There is no place better than in Mommy's arms.

And here I am with both Mommy and Daddy. One happy little family.




Well that's my story so far. Mommy and Daddy said the next blog will just be all pictures of me because I am so cute.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the most beutiful story I have ever heard. Can't wait to hear more Isaiah! Love, Aunt Kristi

Candis Berge said...

Oh, this is going to be a really fun blog to follow!

That was great!

Christine, you look really great, too!

Stender Statement said...

Congratulations you guys! So fun to hear the story from Isaiah's perspective. Can't wait to meet him!

Andrea said...

Cool post! I like the perspective. Isaiah William is such a distinguished name - sounds great. Can't wait to see more pictures. Congrats to you THREE!!

Bob and Karen said...

Isaiah you made your Nanny cry again.... I am so counting down the days until I can meet you in person. I love you and Daddy and Mommy. See you in about a month!
Love, Nanny

Hallie said...

Congratulations on the new little guy! Enjoy him, he's beautiful.

The Erickson Family said...

Fun to see these photos! Congratulations! You're about to start a very fun journey!

Brooke said...

Cute story! You all look amazing! I can't wait to follow Isaiah life on the blog! Congrats again to you guys! Enjoy parenthood!

Eric, Maralee, & Baby S said...

Congratulations! Glad everything went so well and that you're enjoying your new little boy! He's adorable! You look so happy and content. God is GOOD.

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! Hard to believe only a year ago we were all still in Japan. Have a great time getting to know little Isaiah!