Six years ago I moved to Northern Japan to teach English. When I was there I made to really great friends, Amanda Barnes and Sara Talsness. This past week Sara came back to Japan for 40 days to do some "gap" teaching for two of the churches in Akita. While one teacher is on the way home and the other one is on the way here, the program needs a fill-in occassionally. This year that "gap" teacher is Sara. So, on her way to Akita, Sara, got to stop for a night in Sendai and see us. It was really fun to be in the same country again where we really became friends. She was only here for abut 12 hours, but we were able to snap some photos.
Here is Sara the night she arrived. We ate dinner at 1 a.m. in the morning because of all the mix-up with trains and late airplanes. By 2 a.m. we were all konked out.
2 comments:
How fun that you got to connect for a little while!
Nice to see you and Sara together. And I loved the picture tour of your new apartment. I understood all your directions as to where the rooms are located.
It looks very nice.
Post a Comment