ba

Voting

Saturday, June 23, 2007

1 yr. Wedding Anniversary

Today was our One Year Wedding Anniversary, June 23rd! We are so thankful that this year has been good to us. We have learned a whole bunch about each other and feel like this year in Japan has really been healthy for our marriage. To celebrate, we made reservations last night at 8 p.m (June 22nd) and went out to this great Mexican restaurant called Pepe Gonzales. The food was awesome and the atmosphere was just want we were in the mood for. It's not very typical to go out for Mexican for your first anniversary, but we didn't care, we're in Japan and were craving Mexican! There was this great Mariachi band playing and they even sang two special songs for us. The first one was "Fools Rush In" and the second was a Mexican tune called Besa me mucho! Dan speaks Spanish, so he translated this for me. For those of you that speak Spanish, you'll know that it means, "Kiss me, ALOT!" Dan loved this song and so did I!! It was perfect.


Pepe Gonzales Restaurant
This was the same dress that I wore for our wedding/rehearsal dinner one year ago. It fit even better than it did last year, I was thrilled!
The Mariachi band
These were some people that came in while we were there. They were so funny, putting on the sombreros, we had to get a picture!


So today (June 23rd) we exchanged gifts and went out for some Starbuck's frappicino's.

Dan bought for me, Birkenstock sandles.

He also got me this awesome handbag! I had been wanting one of these for quite some time. He picked this out on his own. Sweet taste!

The last thing that he gave me were some Japanese Sori and Tabi that are worn with a Kimono. I was given a silk kimono last month by one of my former students. Now I will be able to wear an entire outfit.

I gave Dan a new Seiko watch. He had a watch already, but it had a leather band and he wanted one with a metal band, so I thought he'd like a different style. Besides, this one won't be so hot with all the humid weather we have here. He really likes it!

At first I bought Dan a new leather baseball glove and got a cheap one for myself so we could play catch in Japan. Also he loves baseball and softball and cannot wait to get back to playing in the USA. But, the Japanese size glove was too small for Dan's hand, so we have to return it. We decided to buy the watch that he wanted instead.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversay!
It's funny because I looked in one of the pockets in my purse today and I found the card from Pepe Gonzalez that I took from the restaurant when we were down there in April. すごくなつかしかったんだよ。(I hate romaji だから。。。

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine and Dan! This is Heather (Borowski) Lewis. Congratulations on your anniversary! I am at my parents' house for the weekend and stumbled across your blogspot. I thought I'd leave you a quick note to say "hi" and that I think of you often. My email address is:
heather_n_lewis@yahoo.com
I hope to hear from you soon!
<3 Heather