Yesterday was our day off, so one of my students and our pastor's wife took Dan and I to Togata onsen (hot spring) near Zao Mountain, one of Miyagi's largest mountains. After about an hours drive through the tree covered moutains, we stopped at a resturant for some lunch. Dan and I both had Tempura. It was delicious! After that, we visited a gorgeous place that is a ski area in the winter and a flower-covered mountain in the spring. The ski slopes were covered with thousands of daffodils. We stayed there about a 1/2 hour then moved on to a cheese factory that makes yummy cream cheese, ice cream and milk. Of course we had to taste test everything! The last thing we did was to go to the onsen (hot springs). We enjoyed about an hour of relaxation then headed for home. I was so relaxed I slept the whole way home!
What a beautiful place! Look at all those flowers. It reminds me of the tulip festivals we have here, only better!
We would love to have you guys visit us out here in the west! We have lots of room and there are tons of great places to see!
Someday I want to come out to New York. I've only been on the east coast once and I didn't see anything. They boys have been in every state west of the Mississippi, but we would love to come out east and do a bit of exploring. It would be a lot of fun!
2 comments:
What a beautiful place! Look at all those flowers. It reminds me of the tulip festivals we have here, only better!
We would love to have you guys visit us out here in the west! We have lots of room and there are tons of great places to see!
Someday I want to come out to New York. I've only been on the east coast once and I didn't see anything. They boys have been in every state west of the Mississippi, but we would love to come out east and do a bit of exploring. It would be a lot of fun!
Hey Dan and Chris - Looks like you had a great day off... Love the hat Dan!
Post a Comment