ba

Voting

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Freaked Out!

Today I was working out in the front garden, as I was cutting away at some leaves I looked down in the soil and saw something that didn't belong. I jabbed whatever it was with my clippers and it was SOFT, not hard, meaning it was alive! I totally freaked out, screamed and ran over to Dan while he was teaching. I ran in saying,"There's a HUGE head of a snake in my flowerbed!!!!" He and his boy student ran over to the house. They were asking, "Where is it? Where is it?" I pointed it out and Dan used a hoe to try and move it around. Welllll.....he did move it around and low and behold was a TOAD!! not the head of a snake. I was so worked up, I couldn't relax for over an hour! I am petrafied of snakes and apparently toads too. ;) Here's a picture of Dan and his student laughing at me and holding the toad.

4 comments:

Bob and Karen said...

How funny! That's one of the exciting parts of gardening.... what will you find in the garden?

CJ Olson said...

Yeah I would be freaking out about that too! Yikes how creepy!!! Glad it was only a toad and not a snake (I think that would be worse)

Leingang Family said...

I'm not that freaked out by frogs or snakes, but the whole idea of poking something fleshy with a gardening implement does make my skin crawl. Ewwww!

Kaila Cook said...

HAHA.... You know I would probably do the same thing just because it is something you expect to be a log or something and it turns out to be something moving and totally alive... HAHA and you are bound to find more things in the garden but maybe you will expect it next time.