ba

Voting

Friday, May 25, 2007

Chinese Gyoza

Today 5 of my students came over to my house to make chinese Gyoza. I have one chinese student, Cho-san, who is taking English from me, she speaks zero English. Right now I am teaching her the ABC's. We communicate through Japanese. Well, today she taught me and 4 of my more advanced English students how to make chinese Gyoza. It was really fun! Gyoza is something like pot-stickers, but they are boiled and very healthy!
This is one of my students Masayo and her son. He came with her and was able to make gyoza also. He had fun time, even though he was with all ladies!
Not everyone could stay to eat, but after we finished making the gyoza, we sat down at about 4 p.m. and tried them out. They were awesome! They were so soft and tasted delicious! The whole process took about 3 hours.

3 comments:

Bob and Karen said...

Mmmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering! Sounds like fun. Love you

Kristina said...

Aren't they great! We go out for them a lot because they are so cheap and it is much faster than making them! We like the fried ones a lot though, and they are sadly not as healthy. Oh well!

Erika said...

Mmmm...what I would do for gyoza right now, or good Japanese food. It's just not the same over here...I think I'm going through withdrawl. Miss you guys!!