
Our Japanese teacher, Nobuko, and her husband took me, Dan and their chinese friend to this area called Yamadera. It's famous in Japan because there are three temples that were built high up on the side of a huge mountain. There are over 1000 steps that you have to climb to get to the top of the mountain and see out over the beautiful valley. We climbed all of them, then went back down! It was a good challenge! Dan ate it up, he loves climbing. I bought this Japanese umbrella at the base of the mountain as a remberance of this trip. We had a nice time!
4 comments:
Hi Christine,
This is great, than you for taking the time. We feel like we're there with you! Hope we get to Skype with you soon. We pray each day for you and Dan, wish we could be there.
Dad
Wow, what an adventure! You will sure treasure that experience!
WOW! You guys are amazing! What an amazing thing to do RIGHT after you're married. I love the picture of you guys in your classes. It looks like such fun. Blessings to you in Japan!
That was one of the first places that I went with John, I think after we were engaged! It was so much fun...
Post a Comment