ba

Voting

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Apple Festival

I know it's been a LONG time since I have blogged anything, but that's because we haven't been doing anything except working, eating and sleeping. We are pretty much always exhusted and just now, do I find myself with some energy. It just so happened that this past weekend we were busy with lots of fun things too!! Great timing...

On Friday Dan and I decided to treat ourselves and go out by ourselves to the Olive Garden. We had a great time and it was so great to spend time just the two of us!

On Saturday a friend of ours took us up to the North Shore of Long Island to an Apple Festival that was raising funds for the deaf and hard of hearing. It was a fun new experience for Dan and I! They had everything from fresh apples to apple cider to pies! The most interesting thing was to be around LOTS of people who were communicating by sign language. It was a whole new experience for me.

Here is Dan and I eating bratworsts. Yummm....
This is the building that is now a school for the deaf and hard of hearing. It is an old renovated mansion! It was gorgeous!!
Stephanie and Dan tried out the grilled corn on the cob.

2 comments:

CJ Olson said...

Oh....sounds like fun! I want apple cider, now. :-) Sounds like you guys had fun and helped a good cause.

Brooke said...

So glad to have you back in the blogging world! It looks like you are enjoying your time out east! How fun!