ba

Voting

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Last Class at MYN

Today was the first time I experienced saying goodbye to some of my students. It was really a mix of emotions. I was surprised to see some of my students get teary-eyed because ususally Japanese people are so controlled, but it was comforting to know that will miss me and vis versa. We enjoyed a big potluck between two classes which was really fun. Everyone brought awesome food and we enjoyed it very much. It was also really great to have Jon, Kim and their children there with us. It gave me the feeling like I was handing over these wonderful people to friends! It went really well.



Me and Noriko. She and I became good buddies because every week after class she would take me grocery shopping!

3 comments:

Leingang Family said...

I will be praying for you as you are getting ready to leave Japan. I know that leaving a place that you live is so hard and such a mix of emotions.

Enjoy this time and the great memories you have!

Candis Berge said...

I can see why you will be missed, you give 100% of yourself to people - it shows in all your pictures since you started this blog. Have a safe trip home!

Kari, RN said...

How hard saying goodbye! I think you're in the situation I was in, leaving behind an incredible place, yet excited about the next step. I'll pray for you during these next days of packing up and saying goodbye!