ba

Voting

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Soaked to the Bone!!

Well it is rainy season here in Japan! I guess I needed to be reminded of that today because the weather has been so beautiful during the day and raining only at night. Well I (Dan) got my reminder in a big way today.

We have a day off today, so some of Christine's students set up a fun party that is kind of a first going away party/ Dress Christine up in her new Kimono party. Since we both had the day off i was invited too. Christine was out at the doctor this morning to get checked out so we were going to meet a few towns over. So, it was my job to get her Kimono among other things to bring over and take a train to where we are to meet.

Well the train staition is about a mile away, it is pouring and of course I have no car. So i get the Kimono in a big plastic bag to keep it dry, and throw on sandals and a hat (my rain gear) since I don't want to ruin any shoes in the rain (of course no umbrella or rain coat, why would i bring those???) anyway I hopped on my bike and rode off to the station. Within seconds I was all wet, but it was nothing compared to what was to come. Riding my bike around a corner I see a car coming from the other direction and before I know it, the car drives through a huge puddle and I got hit by a WAVE of water. I felt like I was in the ocean. It hit me from head to toe, nowhere on my body was spared. Being a trooper I decide I will just tough it out and go to the station. We as I go to cross the train tracks on my way there another train was coming into the station so I was stopped at the tracks... needless to say this caused me to miss my train. I didn't have the phone number to call people to let them know i wasn't going to be there on time so:

I turned around and went home, tail between my legs. The rainy season had defeated me.

1 comment:

Bob and Karen said...

Do you only write about your mishaps, Dan?