ba

Voting

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hanami

This afternoon my students from Minami Yoshinari Church, Dan, Pastor Zenniya and Yoko Narita had a picnic celebrating the blooming of the Sakura (cherry blossoms) trees. This event, a picnic under the sakura, is a Japanese tradition. It was about 55 today and sunny, GREAT weather for Hanami! This is my first time ever seeing cherry blossoms blooming in Japan. Last time I was here, I was in the hospital during this week.

Here we are sitting along a pathway near a small river and close to the cherry blossoms.



3 comments:

The Normals said...

I have to tell you. I really love your blog. You tell good stories.

CJ Olson said...

Oh it's so pretty.... I love spring in Japan. ND not so much because it can't make up it's mind whether to be warm or cold. :-)

Hallie said...

I love the pictures! It looks so pretty and warm there. Thanks for sharing them