One of my students, Chinatsu, will be moving to another prefecture (state) next month, so yesterday instead of having class, we threw her a going away party. It was wonderful! One of my students showed up in her Kimono and brought along her Koto. It is huge! She played music in the background while the rest of us prepared food and got everything ready. We ate Okonomiyaki. It's a mixture of cabbage, flour, egg and pork, topped with mayo and another sauce. It was a hit! Everyone liked it, including Bob and Karen.
Tokuko-san playing the Koto, a tradional Japanese instrument.
Masayo-san, Hiromi-san, Noriko-san, Chinatsu-san (she's the one leaving), Miho-san, Michiyo-san.
1 comment:
John is very jealous of you guys! He's been wanting to make this for a long time and I keep on saying no because I want the mayo on it. (He doesn't see the need for that!) It looks delicious.
Wow...that is such a beautiful instrument and I bet it sounds wonderful!!
Post a Comment