

This is one of those events you start preparing for at the end of October beginning of November, so that you are totally prepared for everything. Well, we were actually prepared this year and ended up having a great turn out! There were about 40 kids that showed up to the church for our annual Christmas party and about 15 of them were our English students. We were also pleased to see so many of our students' parents (both mothers and fathers) show up. Our students had all been practicing the song Away in a Manger (in English) for this event. We were glad that some of them showed up, so Dan and I didn't have to sing solo. Dan and I also played Mary and Joseph in the Christmas skit and spoke all of our lines in Japanese. Dan had a lot of lines and he did very well. I played a good, quiet Mary! I only had two lines in the whole play! The kids got to experiece a Candle Light service which was really neat. The room was actually quiet while we all sang Silent Night! Santa Claus visited everyone at the end of the program and gave all the children gifts. Everyone was really happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment